Friday, August 31, 2007

September

Oh wow, August is gone, so please point your mouse HERE and check The Humble Arts update!
Lots of wonderful offerings for you to feast your peepers on.
Speaking of feasting your peepers, have I got a treat for you. (I think?) It seems the Japanese craft craze has gotten a hold of me too. I didn't think it would, but found myself googling it over and over and reading blogs, etc. about it. I'm not sure what the deal is, but the fact is all of it is just darn cute. Cute, simple and fun! Anyhow, the treat I'm talking about is my newest find which is a book called The Cute Book. It is small and full of fun little animals and folks to create. Best part is that it is in English, which certainly helps me out. Most of the other Japanese craft mags and books are in Japanese, DUH! Since they are usually quite simplistic, the photo and or pattern is often easy to figure out. I don't have any Japanese speaking friends, so I'll rely on my eyes with those.I received a nice goody box in the mail from a sweet friend which will come in handy for making some of these little cuties, so I can't wait. Sometimes I need a break from the seriousness of details and difficult sewing demands. I think this is it....at least for a little while ;)

No comments: