Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Overdosing on Hitty?

Seriously folks, there is way more in my life than this Hitty doll I keep posting about, but it seemed appropriate to have a log of how she is coming along since I call myself a doll maker after all! Since my last entry about her, I've sewn her a little dress. The fabric looks great on her and it is 99% finished. I am making it removable, which is an extra difficulty factor. Oh it'd be much easier and quicker if I just tacked the back closed with a few stitches and used glue on the sleeve hemlines like others suggest, but not this one. I've machine and hand sewn everything so far and I'm glad. Just makes it more authentic and what I consider "heirloom quality" for future generations. Honestly, I've spent more time on this extremely small doll than any large doll I've made in a long time. I just hope that someone really believes that good things really do come in small packages! As soon as her dress bodice has button loops created, I'll take photos to update her progress. Hopefully she'll make her debut in September on The Humble Arts website monthly update at the first of that month. Whew....til then!

4 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

I made a small 7 inch doll once. It was way harder than the big ones.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I so admire anyone who can work with small items. it takes a lot more patience than this gal has.

softinthehead said...

I leave small to the fairies and elves! WA-A-Y to much work. Watching you do this has made you my new hero! Pam

Greeneyez2 said...

Me a hero? Surely you jest! Thank you kindly Pam ;)