Friday, August 22, 2008

Fresh Ink!

~~I DID IT~~
Wow, what an experience and I LOVE how it turned out!

No, I haven't lost my mind, I'm just enjoying life and this was a well thought out event and not just a moment :) This "artwork" was done to celebrate my 50th birthday, although early. It represents my fifth grandchild who will be born this year in Scotland, hence the 5 flowers. The blooms are thistles, which are the National Flower of Scotland. They happen to also be my favorite color. The vine is shaped into the letter "S", which is the first letter of my name and Scotland too!
I did a lot of research picking out just the right artist to do this and the whole concept of what I actually wanted and why. I don't regret it and am quite proud of how it turned out. It is on my right outside ankle and even DH says it turned out great. (He is not into tattoos at all.)

3 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hi Greenie!! It looks fantastic and so do you! I love the design!
I'm in the process of finding just the right tattoo. Every 10 years myself, my sister and my mama (yep my mama at 70 years young) gets a tattoo. Her's being the smallest of course.
I also wanted to let you know I've been thinking of you. :> )
~Peanut

Tina said...

Just found your blog through peanut. I just wanted to say, love the ink!! I have always wanted to do this and my hubby has several. I've never found or imagined anything that I want and the timing has never been right, but seeing yours is inspiring.
I'll be back to visit soon
T

Jess said...

Oh my goodness!!! That tattoo is just beautiful and I love the whole meaning of it as well!!!

I hope you love my home country Scotland woot! Kiss the ground for me when you arrive LOL

Congrats also on the newest green pea addition to the family.. I hope everything is fine and I'll be thinking of you

Lot's of love
Xxx Jess xxX