Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I hate laundry!


Is there anyone that actually loves to do laundry? I suppose that someone does like doing it, but I've never found any pleasure doing it myself. My dryer died today. This is an emergency for me. This is a large household and if you get behind even the slightest, you'll be doing laundry round the clock for days til you catch up. It could actually become a nightmare, I'm not kidding!!!
So.....in taking advantage of a hot sunny day, I went to the store and bought some old fashioned wooden clothes pins to hang out all of the towels and jeans. The kid's old swing set is also covered with assorted socks and t-shirts too. In fact, the scene is quite humorous except for the fact that I got attacked by swarms of mosquitos while hanging up all of this stuff. We've had torrential rains for so many weeks now that they're gunna be hard to deal with for awhile. Not to mention fleas and ticks. Of course all of this means I'll have to make another trip to the store to get some kind of granules to put in the yard to control them. No biggie, we're used to that this time of year. Wanna read something that I thought was funny? This is what was printed on the package of clothes pins:

there's something rather magical about ironing. you take your rumpled-up life, spritz a little water on it, run an iron over it, and presto. everything's new again. the wrinkles of yesterday have vanished right before your very eyes. and there you are. looking fresh. feeling sharp. ready to take on the world.

Are you kidding me? If this is true, then they are implying that this process in doing laundry is somewhat of a rejuvenating experience or let's say.... something that could even be addictive it seems. Wow, how did I miss this? I guess they'll say anything to sell a product these days, huh?
*snicker*