Thursday, May 21, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend

 Rick Brainard
February 18, 1956 - May 18, 2009
You will be missed


Tonight I attended a Celebration of Life for a long time friend from my school days. It seemed so unreal and so untimely. Watching others grieve and laugh and tell stories was a mixture of feelings, but mostly joyful ones. Seeing the slideshow of old photos, his band, children and family was heartwarming. When someone close to you dies or worse yet, a family member passes,  things take on new meaning. Makes me think of how much time I may or may not have and how best to use it. I am grateful for my family and my life and don't ever want to take them for granted. God didn't promise us tomorrow! With this in mind, I hope that you consider this and make the most of your days and thank God for what He has given you thus far. Life is short. Cherish it and your family!
The End

No comments: