Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm almost ready!!!


In Scotland, the currency used is Scottish Pound Sterling. ("£" or "") Three Scottish commercial banks - Bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland and Clydesdale Bank, issue their own notes with their own similar designs. Although all banks in Scotland have the right to print notes, only the above 3 choose to do so. Also, you can use British pounds there too, but the Scottish pounds can't be used in London. Interesting I thought...
I have the cutest little wool passport cover that I found on Etsy and wanted to show it off. Tucked inside are some Scottish pounds that I converted to take over with me. Wow, it really sucks that the USD is so weak right now too, cuz I had to pay over $100 for only 50 pounds from there.
Can you tell that I'm excited? :-)

3 comments:

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I am so excited for you and with you!
Lucky Duck. Take lots of pics! Get your fill of hugs.
Traveling mercies, dear one!!!!

Atticbabys said...

Wow Greenie I came by to say "HI" and to thankyou for your sweet comment and now I see you are leaving me? Can I come too?. Have a wonderful time!
Nan

Nancy Malay said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip - I'll be stopping back to see photos!!

Stay safe,

Nancy