Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Finds



My fun finds this weekend! The journal is awesome. I'd actually hoped to find some old journaled handwritten papers, but this one was intact with no writing at all. I have some ideas for it...hopefully I can try them out without losing track of it first, hah. The little pale yellow shirt dress was probably made for a boy. It is totally hand sewn and has a back belted sash thingy. I LOVE the tiny pocket. I tucked 1 out of 11 teeny tiny little rubber doll house babies in it. The carnival kewpie was begging to come along with them, so she also came home with me *sigh*. A wooden painted rabbit jumping jack baby crib toy that would be totally outlawed by today's standards and a leather coin purse with vintage aqua baby rickrack...and I was done.
I just love this old stuff!

2 comments:

Primitive Peddlers said...

Wonderful treasures! What a find on that journal! I have a little antiquety change purse too, that I'm still debating on just what to do with it. Don't you just love a great treasure find!

Cathy :)

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Love your finds. You lucky duck!!