Monday, June 6, 2011

Stuff and Rambling

Ok so I'm sitting here in my house. The temps outside are around 100 to 101 F outside and have been for a few days now. No real relief in sight. Only problem is our A/C conked out on us close to a week ago. We've tried to fix it ourselves but to no avail. A call in to a repairman only let us know that what we thought the problem was... really was not. So.....a call to the original installer of our A-Coil up high in the attic and he says it is still under warranty and thinks all it needs is an expansion valve. But he can't come out for a few days. Meanwhile I sit here melting and wondering how much more of this we can take! Then a friend who owns a restaurant calls and wants DH to install a window unit in his BBQ restaurant because the one he has now is not getting the job done. This means he has a spare unit we can use!!! So we put it in the bedroom window and at least one room can get cool now. Here's the kicker. Being in a BBQ restaurant all this time and the smoky wood smell. Well, you know. Now my bedroom smells like a smoke pit, but HEY IT'S COOLER AIR! sigh.
Well so now I've made myself a coconut milk tea with strawberry mini mochis and I'm sitting here looking out the back door and 4 little furry weiner dogs are staring at me wondering where their BBQ is. That's been my wonderful life the past few days. Hope you are staying cool wherever you are!

No comments: